EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Journalism, communication, marketing or English majors preferred
• Part-time availability (15-20 hours a week)
• 3-month minimum commitment
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Experience with content creation (experience with Canva, Moovly, Adobe, or HubSpot is a plus!)
• Basic understanding of marketing concepts and principles specifically digital marketing and content marketing
• Knowledge of managing business social media platforms and trends
• Excellent computer skills including a strong proficiency in MS Office applications
• Ability to work independently with a “roll up your sleeves” approach to work
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks across projects
• Written Communications – Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
• Action Oriented – Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging, not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning, seizes more opportunities than others.
• Creativity –Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
• Timely Decision Making – Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure; able to make a quick decision.
• Listening – Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees
• Perseverance – Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.