PartTime - Min. $9.00, Max. per hour
Number of Positions # 20
1. Applicants should support the mission and vision of the Zoological Society (the non-profit organization that supports the Milwaukee County Zoo).
2. Current college student or recent college graduate (up to one year past graduation). Internship best matches sophomores-graduate level students. Freshman must have extensive experience with children in college to be competitive.
3. Experience with children, strong child management and public speaking skills such as enthusiasm, voice inflection and varied facial expressions.
4. Exhibit consistent skills - positive attitude, initiative, emotional maturity, self-responsibility and a desire to develop professional characteristics.
5. Physical requirements - walking through the Zoo for up to two hours; kneel, squat and carry storage boxes.
6. International applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without Zoological Society sponsorship.
7. Attend ALL Required Training Dates/Hours: June 4-8, 10-13 (approx. 8 a.m.-4 p.m. - exception June 12 from 12-8 p.m.). Since training is required, sometimes student teaching dates conflict. Call Patty for suggestions on how you can make arrangements with your college/school.