1. Adults (ages 18+) who are energetic, reliable, and have a demonstrated interest in sustainable agriculture.
2. Must be willing to work outdoors in suboptimal conditions.
3. Applicants must have reliable transportation.
4. Must be a hard-working team player interested in learning organic agriculture, growing healthy food, leadership development, and making an impact toward improving local food security.
5. Exhibit consistent skills - positive attitude, initiative, emotional maturity, self-responsibility and a desire to develop professional characteristics.
6. Physical requirements - Must be able to bend, crouch, and stand for extended periods of time, have the ability to lift 50 lbs., work in the soil, and handle various farm equipment after instruction on use.
7. Provide proof of vaccination.
8. Program preference is given to residents of Racine County or outlying area.
9. International applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without Eco-Justice Center sponsorship.
Jun 1, 2023 - Aug 31, 2023
Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting
Agricultural Sciences, Agricultural Studies, Agronomy, Botany, and Plant Sciences